Jack is 1/8 Irish, and I'd love for him to connect with his Celtic roots this St. Patrick's Day without having to hit the Irish pubs on Baxter Avenue. Not that I'm opposed to Irish pubs, but Jack's not quite into Guinness yet.
Fortunately, several branches of the Louisville Free Public Library are offering St. Patty's-themed programs and story times for kids this Tuesday and Wednesday:
Tuesday, March 16th:
- St. Patrick's Day Stories- starts at 4:15 at the Portland branch
- St. Patty's Day Tales- 7 pm and the Highlands/Shelby Park branch
Wednesday, March 17th:
- Leprechauns Never Lie Puppet Show- 11:15 am at the Crescent Hill branch
- Irish Dancing- 4 pm at the Bon Air branch
- St. Patrick's Day Celebration- 4 pm at the Newburg branch
Just remember to wear your green so that you won't get pinched by little kids. For more information or to check out some of their other great (and free!) programs go toLouisville Free Public Library's list of events.
You might also enjoy:Family Columnist's Weekend Picks
Photo: Emily Sales (Jack at two weeks old)