This is my first article for Louisville.com, so I agonized a bit when trying to decide on a topic. Louisvillians are smart - we know where to go for the good things in life, and we’re not exactly experiencing a shortage of beautiful art, groovy music, or delicious food. With the vast culinary selection in our city, I’m sure you understand how I could have such a difficult time choosing what to write about first. So, instead of drawing my topic out of a hat or curling into the fetal position and crying from utter frustration, I decided to simply share a little of myself with you by listing my secret guilty pleasures from one of the city’s favorite small businesses, Lotsa Pasta.
Lotsa Pasta’s been around for quite a while, but every time I shop there, I discover a new item that delights my food-loving soul. Pictured below, here are the products I just can’t resist:
1. Mocha Chocolate Lentils – Nestled in by the cheese, these crunchy little coffee candies make me swoon.
2. Small Portions of Cheese – Perfect for house guests to try a variety of new cheeses without waste.
3. Buche French Goat Cheese – Drool.
4. Callebaut Chocolate – Sold as pistoles or in bricks of milk, semi-sweet, bittersweet, and white.
5. Perugina Chocolate – Try the Dark Chocolate with Almonds and the Cappuccino bars.
6. Spices – There’s a beautiful wall of perfectly-portioned spices. The whole nutmeg is an incredible deal!
I hope you’ll be inspired to pay them a visit. They are currently celebrating 30 years of business!
3717 Lexington Road
M-F from 9 to 7
Saturday from 9 to 5:30
Sunday from 12 to 5
What’s your favorite thing to buy at Lotsa Pasta? Comment below!