New to Lou or simply looking to debut a glamorous new you?
Sat., April 10 from 2 to 5 p.m. in Louisville's East Market District at Look Who's New to Lou you'll be able to show off a fabulous new you (or a resurrected younger-looking one) at four of Louisville's hippest venues. Once an hour, on the hour New2Lou, Go Go Guerrilla Army and Green Horizon will commandeer a new location for photos and drawings for original art and other prizes.
Afraid of having your photo taken because you haven't got your hair or makeup did recently? No worries. Before Louisville photographer Teresa Wilkins snaps your picture, hair stylists from Kaleidoscope Salon and makeup artist SteVon Edwards will make sure you're looking your finest.
Photos will later appear online for attendees to download for free and share with their friends in other parts of the world, showing that any stereotypes people may have about Kentuckians are outdated--or at least don't apply to us sophisticates in Louisville.
"If you're not from here," said Chris-Rachael Oseland, the director of Go Go Guerilla, "people are picturing you in a tobacco field, petting a pony, probably shoeless."
Admission is $10 in advance through the event's website or $15 at the door. There'll also be prizes for the first 50 guests. And afterward some of East Market's world-class restaurants will be offering discounts to anyone who appears with a hand stamp from Look Who's New to Lou.
- 2 p.m. Flame Run (828 E. Market St.)
- 3 p.m. The Bodega at Felice (829 E. Market St.)
- 4 p.m. The Beer Store (729 E. Market St.)
- 5 p.m. The Green Building (723 E. Market St.)
- two passes to Glassworks' Thunder 2010 rooftop party
- two Blow Your Own Ornament gift certificates from Flame Run
- original Flame Run glass art
- flattened Woodford Reserve bottle art
- Beer Store t-shirt and glasses
- two gift baskets per location from Bodega including Cake Flour baked goods and beer
- MagBooth setup on the sidewalk free to the public
Go Go Guerillas plans a slew of creative events, like flash mobs and couples speed dating, many of include free cocktails. For more information, visit its Meetup page or Faceboook group. (Disclaimer: Chris-Rachael Oseland, the power behind the guerrilla army, writes for Louisville.com.)
Green Horizon offer luxury extended stay living in Louisville for clients who want the convenience of a hotel with the comfort of home. It also provides professional property management services to upscale privately owned condos. For more information, visit its website.
Photo: Courtesy New2Lou and Go Go Guerilla