Don't ever let anyone tell you there's nothing to do in Southern Indiana, and that the only real entertainment must be had by crossing the river. Yes, there are great things in metro Louisville - but there are great events on the Sunny Side, too:
1. Art Walk: Preserving the History of New Albany through Art - New Albany, Indiana, 6:00-9:00. This event includes the opening reception for "Phase Change: Works in Glass" by C. Matthew Szöszat the Carnegie Center from 6-8pm, the art walk from 6:30-9, the YMCA reception, and the Scribner House Gardens exhibit.
2. Cuts for a Cure - New Albany, Indiana, 5-11pm, Strandz & Threadz parking lot (322 Vincennes Ave). This block party event is to raise money to help fund cancer research in our area, and will feature music, magicians, food, and head shaving.
4. Concert in the Park, Jeffersonville, Indiana, 7:30pm at Warder Park. This is part of a summer concert series that started last Friday. This week features the Derby City Brass Band. Concerts are free.
1. Twilight Tasting at Madison Vineyards - Madison, Indiana, 6pm. This is a four-course meal with wines in the tasting room or on the covered deck. Limited seating so make your reservations early.
2. Blue River Cafe Tribute - Milltown, Indiana, 12-9pm. This is a celebration and memorial for the Blue River Cafe, which was lost to fire on May 10th, as well as a benefit for all the employees who are now out of work.
3. Jeffersonville Farmers Market opening day - Jeffersonville, Indiana, 9am-noon, at Chestnut & Locust Streets. Bluegrass music by Mike Schroeder & Steve Cooley (of Hog Operation fame).And, of course, the New Albany Farmers Market is still in full swing.
Ohio River Valley Folk Festival - Madison, Indiana, Friday thru Sunday. This event, held on the banks of the Ohio River, features music, storytelling, folk art, activities for the li'l folks, and food and libations (including beer from our own New Albanian Brewing Company and Upland Brewing Company)
[photo via Jeffersonville Main Street, Inc]