5. Heartland Music Together music classes are wonderful. I’ve been taking my toddler to them since he was 5 months old and he is a little rock star now! Everything he picks up becomes a guitar and he’s got the rocker stance goin’! My little guy and I headed to our first class for the fall semester this morning!
4. The Science in Play play dates at Kentucky Science Center may be the best kept secret for you and your child under the age of 4. These free play dates happen once a month from 8:30-9:30am and allow you to stay and explore the Science Center all day after the play date is over. Top it off with a stroll downtown during this gorgeous time of year in Louisville.
3. Get your jump on! Gymnastics places like My Gym Louisville and Kentucky Gymnastics Academy are great for young toddlers through age 4. My tot and I have been to open play and a free demo class at both of these and have had a ball. He absolutely loves open floor spaces where he can run and jump. Check out this list from Louisville Family Fun as well; it has some other great suggestions.
2. Free drop-in playgroups at Mama’s Hip and Babyology. You can’t go wrong with free and meeting up with other parents to have adult conversations while your little ones play to their heart’s content.
1. My # 1 pick is the Library. One word: Storytime. You just fall in love and go back week after week and develop that special bond that reading brings like nothing else can. We love our storytime each week, whether it’s baby, toddler, preschool storytime, all 18 Louisville Free Public Library locations offer something weekly. Check out their calendar here, and look into some other offerings they have throughout each month. I’ll see YOU at the library!
Photo by Erin Nevitt