This past Monday, WFPK filled in the rest of the slots for the last few Waterfront Wednesdays. Joining The Deloreans on July 30 will be Steelism and Ben Sollee & Friends. With a billing like that, it’s now a guessing game as to will be joining Sollee. At Forecastle 2012, he was joined on stage by Jim James, Daniel Martin Moore, Cheyenne Marie Mize, Abagail Washburn, Carl Broemel, and Dan Dorff. Will we see more of the same or a completely different lineup?
Tim Easton was added to the Shovels & Rope and The Wild Feathers bill on August 27. Sean Rowe was added to the Lake Street Dive and 23 String Band bill on September 17.
Brigid Kaelin will be playing Saturday, July 12 at Great Flood Brewing Co. from 6:30-8:30. Sounds fairly normal right? Perhaps not. When she posted the announcement for this show on Facebook, she included this in her caption: “This show is 1) EARLY and 2) family-friendly. I know, I know, hard to believe for Louisville... Come out and help me convince club owners and musicians that early shows are a good idea.”
To read the full article on Kaelin’s thoughts, click here
Where do you stand on this issue? Should Louisville be having more all ages and early shows?
Jonathan Glen Wood, whose other projects include Old Baby and Jay Jayle, released a solo album Tuesday. The album is called “Ballad of Jon.” Many tracks have an old-fashioned country tinge—some solo acoustic ballads, some full band tunes with the nice addition of organ and pedal steel guitar.
Lily Allen has been added to the Miley Cyrus show at the KFC Yum! Center on August 9.
Local bands Kaleidico and Small Time Napoleon have been added to the Bombadil bill at Headliners on July 25.
Shows Announced This Week
- White Reaper—July 27, 9 pm, $5
- tUneE-yArDs—October 8, 9 pm, Tickets on sale 7/12
- The Secret Sisters—July 14, 8 pm, $10
Shows This Weekend (For a comprehensive list, head to Louisville MUSICulture)
- The New Vintage—The Deloreans, Blackbirds of Paradise, Plastic Bubble, Coins, 9 pm, $7
- Mercury Ballroom—A Jazz Celebration feat. Dave Stryker “Eight Track Project,” 8 pm, $8
- The New Vintage—Freakbass, Rigoletto, 9 pm, $8
- Louisville Palace—Move On Tour starring Julianne & Derek Hough, 7:30 pm, $41-$101
- KFC Yum! Center—New Edition w/ Doug E. Fresh and SWV, 7 pm, $50-$101