‘Mama.ste’ Mother’s Day Free Yoga Class to Celebrate Healthy Moms on May 12th
Urban Active honors moms this Mother’s Day with great escapism…Mama.ste
Louisville, KY - Urban Active will be honoring moms this Mother’s Day with ‘Mama.ste’ free yoga class to celebrate being a healthy and happy mom. Many moms are stressed out, cranky and exhausted from taking care of their children and their households. Urban Active wants mothers to take a deep breath and say Om. Repeat. Yoga is the perfect mental escape for moms on this Mother’s Day with ‘Mama.ste’ at 10:20 AM on Saturday, May 12th at Urban Active.
Yoga is considered a mental escape for moms. The benefits of yoga for mothers include flexibility, range of motion, builds strength, improves posture, massages all organs of the body, it’s a complete detoxification, better circulation, improves emotional health, lowers blood pressure and more.
Moms can take three yoga tools from the ‘Mama.ste’ class to implement immediately and conveniently into their daily lives. Whether sitting in carpool, running errands or at the house, moms can incorporate these three yoga practices:
1) Deep Breathing: Most of the breaths that the majority of people take throughout the day are quick, shallow breaths. Pranayama, or breath control, is one of the five principles in yoga. When you take the time to focus on your breath, you cannot help but become present in the moment. One easy technique is to take a full breath through your nose, hold it for a count of three, and then release through your nose. Repeat three more times.
2) Music: Mostly everyone has heard the adage, "Music calms the savage beast." The same can be said for moms and children as well! There are many different types of yoga music, which is often called new age, as well as chanting or crystal bowls. Simply having calming music in the background, or flicking it on before a temper tantrum strikes, can help save the day!
3) Yoga moves: The great thing about these yoga poses is that you can do them with your children.
• Vipartia karani or leg up the wall pose can help calm the mind and ease anxiety. Plus, you can easily read a book to your child during the pose.
• Balasana or child's pose is another instant relaxing and calming pose.
• Savasana or corpse pose is one of the most basic yoga moves. Your child (or maybe even you) can be tempted to fall asleep while practicing it.
Urban Active St. Matthews: 4900 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 (502) 894-9911
- St. Matthews
- 4900 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY 40207
- (502) 894-9911
- Saturday 12th, May 2012
- 10:20 AM — 11:20 AM