“The Most Fun You’ve Ever Had in Your Car(R)”road rally offers participants free gas, free food, free fangs, prizes and more! Danger Run(R), the largest and most popular ghost run road rally driving game in America, hits the gas on a unique Halloween haunted house search for its 18th season every Friday and Saturday night from September 21 through October 27 in the Louisville, Ky. area.
The game that’s been called “The Most Fun You’ve Ever Had in Your Car(R)” leads automobile-bound participants through a series of rhyming and often humorous lim-erick clues from one location to the next before landing at one of the areas’ two world-famous haunted attractions.
Participants can start at one of three locations - Lowe’s at 501 South Hurstbourne Parkway in Louisville, Ky.; 6651 Dixie Highway in Louisville, Ky.; or 1350 Veterans Pkwy in Clarksville, Ind. Danger Run utilizes multiple routes from each of the three starting point locations so there are 12 possible routes each night.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.dangerrun.com or at each starting gate. Student and military discount information is available on the website.
The object of the game is to complete the riddle-laden road trip with the most accurate mileage, as determined by those who operate the Danger Run. The top 25 groups are invited back to an exclusive “Finals” party where they compete for big prizes. Speed and time have no impact on the game. More than 15,000 people are expected to participate in this year’s run, which takes about 3 hours to complete.
For just $18.95 per person, Danger Run participants will get an entire evening of Halloween entertainment including admission to two haunted attractions (valued at $40 per person), free food from DQ Grill and Chill, free fangs and a $10 Speedway gas card for carloads of four or more.
New this year:
• One dollar from every ticket will go to Children’s Miracle Network on opening weekend to benefit Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Ky. Participants can also choose to donate at the gate every weekend of Danger Run.
• The free online test drive Virtual Danger Run game at www.dangerrun.com has been redesigned to be more realistic. Players can share the game with friends on Facebook or Twitter instantly from any screen. It will also be available as an app in the iPhone and Android App Stores.
Social media continues to play a big role in the Danger Run experience.
• Smartphone users who visit dangerrun.com can access haunt wait times; play trivia games and much more.
• Danger Run Facebook fans can enter the Freebie Friday contests each Friday beginning July 13 for a chance to win a variety of prizes including free tickets to the Danger Run.
For more information, visit www.dangerrun.com or call 1-800-771-9750
- Select Lowes Locations
- Lowes Hurstbourne Pkwy, Lowes Dixie Hwy, Lowes Veterans Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40202
- Friday 26th, October 2012
- 7:00 PM
- per person