Home of the Innocents invites you to come out to beautiful Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest on Saturday, October 26, 2013, for the annual 10K run - 5K run/walk.
All proceeds from this event will benefit the children at Home of the Innocents.
The race begins at 9:00 a.m. on October 26th. Registration will begin that morning at 7:45 a.m.
If you pre-register, you can pick up your packet on Tuesday, October 22nd here at the Home from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. or on Wednesday, October 23rd in Elizabethtown at Etown Swim and Fitness from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
All participants receive a complimentary Home Run 2013 t-shirt. Pre-register by Friday, October 18, 2013, to guarantee your preferred size. Pre-registered walkers and runners may pick up t-shirts at early packet pick-up. Participants registering after Oct. 18 and day of race entrants will not be guaranteed t-shirt size preference (first-come, first-served).
About Our Organization
Louisville’s own Home of the Innocents, a private, non-profit agency that has been in operation for over 133 years, last year served over 3,900 children and families. The Home provides services to assist those who are facing severe crisis, including—
• Residential, crisis care and foster care services for children who have been abused, abandoned and neglected; community based services offering in-home therapy for children with behavioral healthcare needs and their families and services for children with Autism and other behavioral healthcare needs.
• The Home operates a hospital-like and home-away-from-home environment for medically fragile children, children who are dependent on technology to sustain life, as well as children who are terminally ill.
• Open Arms Children's Health offers a one stop shop for medical, dental, hearing, vision and behavioral healthcare alongside the Home's on-campus Village Pharmacy. Following the integrated healthcare model, Open Arms can serve the whole child.
Although the children require various levels of care, they are children first and residents or patients second. The Home has helped thousands of children, and hundreds receive care on any given day. For many of these children, the Home is where hope begins.
- Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest
- 2499 Clermont Rd, Clermont, KY 40110
- (502) 596-1025
- Saturday 26th, October 2013
- 9:00 AM — 1:00 PM
- to pre-register, $30 day-of