Churchill Downs is partnering with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure and Horses and Hope, encouraging attendees to incorporate pink into their Oaks attire and raise awareness of breast cancer. Here are some of the results.
I'm a freelance writer, focusing on travel, food, and A&E. I've contributed to Condé Nast Traveler, Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, Air Canada's enRoute, Gawker Media's Gridskipper and Deadspin, USA Today, BlackBook, and Curbed. Previously I was a senior editor at Aol Travel and MapQuest. And, before that, director of content and editorial strategy for Louisville.com. I also was the founding editor of Eater Louisville. Washington, DC based. Boston born. Kentucky Colonel.More from author:
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- America. The Diner. Is Opening Soon – And Will Replace Eggs Over Baxter
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (July 30 – August 2)
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Dr. Dundiff Explains His Forecastle Collaboration With Jim James
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- My Morning Jacket by My Morning Jacket: Jim James [Music]
- Win Tickets to the 30th Annual Best of Louisville