I’m really glad I’m writing about lightbulbs today. I’m also really glad human beings are going to talk about lighbulbs tonight. Author and historian Ernest Freeberg will present the glowing story of the modern age tonight at The Filson Historical Society with his new book, ‘The Age of Edison: Electric Light and the Invention of Modern America’. Rediscover the lightbulb starting at 6pm.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do Labor Day Weekend 2015 in Louisville
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- The Underground Station in Downtown New Albany to Host Courtyard Cookout
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main