The Boat of the Ball this past Tuesday was the Belle of Louisville, as our local girl was crowned winner of the 2012 Great Steamboat Race. Growing up on the banks of the Mississippi, and having traveled across the Ohio river many times, I realized that there was a major river in every city I had ever lived and I had never actually taken a ride on an actual riverboat. The breeze wafting gently off the lazy river, water gently lapping of the bow, and what Mark Twain moment on the mighty river powered only by unpredictable currents and heated water would be complete without a day of jousting, obstacles, tossing monkey fist tossing, and VIP retrieval.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu