Bones...when someone thinks of bones, they think of the human skeleton. I automatically think of the song my grandmother taught me when I was a little girl; The ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone connected to the hip bone and you go all the way up until you connect the neck bone to the head bone. The rest of the song talks about tripping over shoelaces and being a fool.The Bones on exhibit at the Arts Council of Southern Indiana, Pat Harrison Arts Center had nothing to do with the human bones or that song...however I'm sure that Mary; the resident ghost (so the story is told) also sung that song to her children and grandchildren.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Forty Years Ago the Kentucky Colonels Reigned Supreme
- Where to Go and What to Do Memorial Day 2015 in Louisville
- Concert Review: Jeff Beck
- Spend Your Summer at the Southside Quarry, Starting This Weekend
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (May 21 - 25)
- The Furry Friday Trolley Hop is Right Around the Corner
- So much weekend, so much to do: Where to go this Memorial Day holiday
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Concert Review: Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer