The Boat of the Ball this past Tuesday was the Belle of Louisville, as our local girl was crowned winner of the 2012 Great Steamboat Race. Growing up on the banks of the Mississippi, and having traveled across the Ohio river many times, I realized that there was a major river in every city I had ever lived and I had never actually taken a ride on an actual riverboat. The breeze wafting gently off the lazy river, water gently lapping of the bow, and what Mark Twain moment on the mighty river powered only by unpredictable currents and heated water would be complete without a day of jousting, obstacles, tossing monkey fist tossing, and VIP retrieval.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- SuperChefs is Louisville's Newest Hero
- Eight Notable Graves in Cave Hill Cemetery
- Louder Than Life 2015 in Review
- Five Donuts You Should Eat in Louisville Right Now
- Louder Than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Rob Zombie
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Breaking Benjamin
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (October 8-11)
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Shinedown
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Butcher Babies
- Five Cheeseburgers You Should Eat in Louisville Right Now