The Boat of the Ball this past Tuesday was the Belle of Louisville, as our local girl was crowned winner of the 2012 Great Steamboat Race. Growing up on the banks of the Mississippi, and having traveled across the Ohio river many times, I realized that there was a major river in every city I had ever lived and I had never actually taken a ride on an actual riverboat. The breeze wafting gently off the lazy river, water gently lapping of the bow, and what Mark Twain moment on the mighty river powered only by unpredictable currents and heated water would be complete without a day of jousting, obstacles, tossing monkey fist tossing, and VIP retrieval.
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (May 20-22)
- Louisville's Ultimate Guide to Celebrating National Pizza Party Day
- Noosh Nosh Opens Today: Here's What to Order
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- New Life (and Old) in Germantown
- Watch Nick Dittmeier & The Sawdusters Perform 'Just My Job'
- Live in Lou: Louisville Music May 17-21
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- This Week, In Louisville, On Craigslist: May 16-20
- UPDATED: Why Can't We Buy Alcohol On Election Day?