Our nominee for greatest Irish ballad is “Mother Machree,” written in 1910 by Chauncey Olcott and Ernest R. Ball, with lyrics by Rida Johnson Young. If, after a couple of Bushmills, this tune fails to bring a tear to your eye, you are not a true son of Erin.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- The Craving
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- The Worlds Largest Annual Zombie Walk on Bardstown Road
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)