A curious lad, Bobby decided to pedal his bicycle the 2,052.9 ft length of the double-decked twin arch bridge, across the Ohio River, and into Indiana. In doing so, he became the first citizen to traverse the Interstate 64 bridge, named after New Albany native and former United States Senator and Supreme Court justice Sherman Minton.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- Poorcastle Schedule Is Here
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)