"The legislature's mandate that parents and legal guardians have the right to choose the school nearest their home for their children to attend is not without reason nor fortuitous. The benefit of children attending neighborhood schools is obvious. Busing creates the impediment of distance among parent, child, and school and, therefore, increases the difficulty of family involvement."
Most Read Stories
- Underrated Louisville: Bunz
- Your 2016 Guide to Louisville's Sunday Brunch Buffets
- The Hub Louisville is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Mercato Italiano Trattoria and Market is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Ten Things to Do This Winter in Louisville
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (January 28-31)
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Studio Sessions: Nellie Pearl's Live/Die + True, Fiction (Exclusive!)
- 25 Special Dinners for Your Louisville Valentine
- Kentucky's Real 'X-Files'