"The legislature's mandate that parents and legal guardians have the right to choose the school nearest their home for their children to attend is not without reason nor fortuitous. The benefit of children attending neighborhood schools is obvious. Busing creates the impediment of distance among parent, child, and school and, therefore, increases the difficulty of family involvement."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (July 23 - 26)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Ariana Grande Honeymoons in Louisville
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (July 30 – August 2)
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Win Tickets to the 30th Annual Best of Louisville