Our nominee for greatest Irish ballad is “Mother Machree,” written in 1910 by Chauncey Olcott and Ernest R. Ball, with lyrics by Rida Johnson Young. If, after a couple of Bushmills, this tune fails to bring a tear to your eye, you are not a true son of Erin.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu