Monday morning, on my way to protest John Boehner, Hell suddenly broke loose all around me. I was momentarily surrounded by blaring sirens, arrays of red and blue strobe lights the like of which could have sent every epileptic in the Ohio River Valley into seizures, and a line of long, black, bullet proof SUV's. The guest of honor of our protest, Speaker of the House John Boehner, had arrived.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Abbey Road on the River Has a Ticket to Ride – Perhaps to the End of the Line
- CARDS Fest Announcement: the University of Louisville's Biggest Event Ever
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (May 29 – 31)
- Phoenix Hill Tavern and Jim Porter's Good Time Emporium Closed For Good
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Kentucky Center Announces Happy Hour Concerts
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? With Drag Queens, Please.
- Third Pop-Up Street Store to Serve Louisville’s Homeless May 30
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- A WNBA Team in Louisville: Could it Happen?