When the Paul family, Ron Paul and son Rand Paul, blame the Federal Reserve and its cheap money policy during the Bush years for creating the housing bubble and the resulting financial collapse, they are only telling a fraction of truth. The bigger problem was the loophole Phil Gramm wrote into the 2000 Federal Budget that made it possible for banks to lend at ratios that were guaranteed to end in disaster.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- America. The Diner. Is Opening Soon – And Will Replace Eggs Over Baxter
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (July 30 – August 2)
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- Dr. Dundiff Explains His Forecastle Collaboration With Jim James
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Win Tickets to the 30th Annual Best of Louisville
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu