The two dilapidated housing projects from the 1950s and a ramshackle apartment building came down in the ’90s, to be replaced with a mixed-income, New Urbanist community — an in-town Norton Commons — of more than 400 single-family homes and hundreds of townhouses and apartments on roughly 130 acres.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Forty Years Ago the Kentucky Colonels Reigned Supreme
- Where to Go and What to Do Memorial Day 2015 in Louisville
- Concert Review: Jeff Beck
- Spend Your Summer at the Southside Quarry, Starting This Weekend
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (May 21 - 25)
- The Furry Friday Trolley Hop is Right Around the Corner
- So much weekend, so much to do: Where to go this Memorial Day holiday
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Concert Review: Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer