The Louisville Film Society’s new theater (810 E. Market St.) is named Dreamland, after an early-20th-century Louisville theater. As society co-founder Tracy Heightchew gives a tour and optimistically describes her hopes for the space, the name seems fitting. “We want this place to kind of be a rabbit hole where everybody’s visions can be expanded,” she says.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- The Craving
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- The Worlds Largest Annual Zombie Walk on Bardstown Road
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)