What started as a plan to preserve the Ford Motor Co. jobs that already were in Kentucky snowballed into a massive expansion of Ford’s Kentucky operations, and the company’s decision to go “all-in” on its Louisville facilities–with an estimated direct economic impact to the area of $5.2 billion–was spurred by a creative $240-million incentives package.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- America. The Diner. Is Opening Soon – And Will Replace Eggs Over Baxter
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (July 30 – August 2)
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- Dr. Dundiff Explains His Forecastle Collaboration With Jim James
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Win Tickets to the 30th Annual Best of Louisville
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu