Studio...it is normally considered an artist's workroom, an establishment, building, or group of buildings or a company that teaches any arts, music or dance. The word Studio is derived from the Latin: studium, meaning to study or zeal.Joe Autry's studio Open Air steps aside of the normal studio meaning and is exactly what the name makes you think of, in the open air. However, the definition that matches Joe, and the other artist making up Open Air Sculpture Studio perfectly, is having definitely studied with zeal. Their hard work and love for their craft shows in their art.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Abbey Road on the River Has a Ticket to Ride – Perhaps to the End of the Line
- CARDS Fest Announcement: the University of Louisville's Biggest Event Ever
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (May 29 – 31)
- Phoenix Hill Tavern and Jim Porter's Good Time Emporium Closed For Good
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Kentucky Center Announces Happy Hour Concerts
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? With Drag Queens, Please.
- Third Pop-Up Street Store to Serve Louisville’s Homeless May 30
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- A WNBA Team in Louisville: Could it Happen?