When the Paul family, Ron Paul and son Rand Paul, blame the Federal Reserve and its cheap money policy during the Bush years for creating the housing bubble and the resulting financial collapse, they are only telling a fraction of truth. The bigger problem was the loophole Phil Gramm wrote into the 2000 Federal Budget that made it possible for banks to lend at ratios that were guaranteed to end in disaster.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Where to Go and What to Do Labor Day Weekend 2015 in Louisville
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- The Underground Station in Downtown New Albany to Host Courtyard Cookout