"There's really only one thing you need to know about the first stimulus to oppose this second one, and it's this: $825 billion later, there are 1.5 million fewer jobs in this country than there were when the first stimulus was signed. That's the clearest proof it was a monstrous failure. And it's the surest proof we have that those who support this second stimulus are not doing so to create jobs... Why on earth would you support an approach that we already know won't work?"
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Poorcastle Schedule Is Here
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Return of the Waterfront's July Fourth Festivities: A Look at its Sponsors