University of Kentucky junior do-it-all Randall Cobb accounted for 150 all-purpose yards and one touchdowns, while senior running back Derrick Locke rushed for 104 yards and two TDs, to lead the Wildcats to a 23-16 victory over the University of Louisville and new coach Charlie Strong in front of 55,327 fans at new-and-improved Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It was UK’s fourth consecutive win in the Governor's Cup intrastate series, and the first for new coach Joker Phillips.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (July 23 - 26)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Ariana Grande Honeymoons in Louisville
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- Louis-Villainz Market for Mischief Is for Night Owls
- The Best Way to Taste Downtown Louisville