University of Kentucky junior do-it-all Randall Cobb accounted for 150 all-purpose yards and one touchdowns, while senior running back Derrick Locke rushed for 104 yards and two TDs, to lead the Wildcats to a 23-16 victory over the University of Louisville and new coach Charlie Strong in front of 55,327 fans at new-and-improved Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It was UK’s fourth consecutive win in the Governor's Cup intrastate series, and the first for new coach Joker Phillips.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Where to Go and What to Do Labor Day Weekend 2015 in Louisville
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- The Underground Station in Downtown New Albany to Host Courtyard Cookout