University of Kentucky junior do-it-all Randall Cobb accounted for 150 all-purpose yards and one touchdowns, while senior running back Derrick Locke rushed for 104 yards and two TDs, to lead the Wildcats to a 23-16 victory over the University of Louisville and new coach Charlie Strong in front of 55,327 fans at new-and-improved Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It was UK’s fourth consecutive win in the Governor's Cup intrastate series, and the first for new coach Joker Phillips.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- Poorcastle Schedule Is Here
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)