University of Kentucky junior do-it-all Randall Cobb accounted for 150 all-purpose yards and one touchdowns, while senior running back Derrick Locke rushed for 104 yards and two TDs, to lead the Wildcats to a 23-16 victory over the University of Louisville and new coach Charlie Strong in front of 55,327 fans at new-and-improved Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It was UK’s fourth consecutive win in the Governor's Cup intrastate series, and the first for new coach Joker Phillips.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- The Craving
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- The Worlds Largest Annual Zombie Walk on Bardstown Road
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)