University of Kentucky junior do-it-all Randall Cobb accounted for 150 all-purpose yards and one touchdowns, while senior running back Derrick Locke rushed for 104 yards and two TDs, to lead the Wildcats to a 23-16 victory over the University of Louisville and new coach Charlie Strong in front of 55,327 fans at new-and-improved Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It was UK’s fourth consecutive win in the Governor's Cup intrastate series, and the first for new coach Joker Phillips.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- 2016 Will Be Abbey Road On The River's Final Louisville Year
- Forty Years Ago the Kentucky Colonels Reigned Supreme
- Spend Your Summer at the Southside Quarry, Starting This Weekend
- Abbey Road on the River Has a Ticket to Ride – Perhaps to the End of the Line
- Where to Go and What to Do Memorial Day 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (May 21 - 25)
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- So much weekend, so much to do: Where to go this Memorial Day holiday
- ReSurfaced Returns to Louisville