Oaks behind me, I needed Oats. On Derby morning, I was tasked with breakfast, both personally and professionally. The Historic Homes Foundation was nice enough to invite my wife and I, along with media sponsor Garden & Gun magazine, to the 34th Annual Historic Homes Foundation Derby Breakfast at Farmington Historical Plantation. The Plantation is nestled next to Sullivan University, and when I say ‘nestled’, I am speaking of the one-lane tree-lined road along the student dorms. This secluded road leads to what used to house a 50-acre hemp plantation built for John and Lucy Speed during 1815 and is now a national historic treasure.
Most Read Stories
- Underrated Louisville: Bunz
- Your 2016 Guide to Louisville's Sunday Brunch Buffets
- The Hub Louisville is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Mercato Italiano Trattoria and Market is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Ten Things to Do This Winter in Louisville
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (January 28-31)
- Kentucky's Real 'X-Files'
- 25 Special Dinners for Your Louisville Valentine
- The Cost of Tiger Baby Playtime