Oaks behind me, I needed Oats. On Derby morning, I was tasked with breakfast, both personally and professionally. The Historic Homes Foundation was nice enough to invite my wife and I, along with media sponsor Garden & Gun magazine, to the 34th Annual Historic Homes Foundation Derby Breakfast at Farmington Historical Plantation. The Plantation is nestled next to Sullivan University, and when I say ‘nestled’, I am speaking of the one-lane tree-lined road along the student dorms. This secluded road leads to what used to house a 50-acre hemp plantation built for John and Lucy Speed during 1815 and is now a national historic treasure.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- SuperChefs is Louisville's Newest Hero
- Eight Notable Graves in Cave Hill Cemetery
- Louder Than Life 2015 in Review
- Five Donuts You Should Eat in Louisville Right Now
- Louder Than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Rob Zombie
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Breaking Benjamin
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (October 8-11)
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Shinedown
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Butcher Babies
- Five Cheeseburgers You Should Eat in Louisville Right Now