Oaks behind me, I needed Oats. On Derby morning, I was tasked with breakfast, both personally and professionally. The Historic Homes Foundation was nice enough to invite my wife and I, along with media sponsor Garden & Gun magazine, to the 34th Annual Historic Homes Foundation Derby Breakfast at Farmington Historical Plantation. The Plantation is nestled next to Sullivan University, and when I say ‘nestled’, I am speaking of the one-lane tree-lined road along the student dorms. This secluded road leads to what used to house a 50-acre hemp plantation built for John and Lucy Speed during 1815 and is now a national historic treasure.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (July 23 - 26)
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Ariana Grande Honeymoons in Louisville
- (Sweaty) Humans of Forecastle Photo Gallery
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Best of Forecastle 2015
- Louis-Villainz Market for Mischief Is for Night Owls
- Leading Ladies of Louisville: Susan Barry