A curious lad, Bobby decided to pedal his bicycle the 2,052.9 ft length of the double-decked twin arch bridge, across the Ohio River, and into Indiana. In doing so, he became the first citizen to traverse the Interstate 64 bridge, named after New Albany native and former United States Senator and Supreme Court justice Sherman Minton.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Five Donuts You Should Eat in Louisville Right Now
- SuperChefs is Louisville's Newest Hero
- St. James, Louder Than Life and IdeaFest: Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (Oct. 1-4)
- What to Do in Louisville: Autumn Hit List 2015
- Eight Notable Graves in Cave Hill Cemetery
- Louder Than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Rob Zombie
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Breaking Benjamin
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Shinedown
- Louder than Life 2015 Photo Gallery: Butcher Babies
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands