The March on Frankfort was a pretty good show. I got to shake Dr. King’s hand, and he gave a truncated version of his famous “I have a dream” speech to the crowd. We all sang, “We Shall Overcome,” and “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.” Up on the hill, however, the Kentucky legislature remained unconvinced.”
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Bourbon Boot Camp
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- The Louisville Palace Summer Film Series presents Film Noir
- Riverview Park Independence Festival: Saturday, June 27
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Changes Coming to 4th Street Live