I traveled to Cuba in 1998 and, at the tables of several families there, tasted food I still savor: pork marinated in fresh orange juice, cumin and garlic; a simple breakfast of crispy Cuban bread and newly laid eggs purloined from hens cooped outside kitchen windows. Those memories made me wonder whether Marcos Lorenzo and Fernando Martinez would succeed when they opened their Cuban restaurant, Havana Rumba, in St. Matthews in 2004.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do Labor Day Weekend 2015 in Louisville
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- The Underground Station in Downtown New Albany to Host Courtyard Cookout
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main