I traveled to Cuba in 1998 and, at the tables of several families there, tasted food I still savor: pork marinated in fresh orange juice, cumin and garlic; a simple breakfast of crispy Cuban bread and newly laid eggs purloined from hens cooped outside kitchen windows. Those memories made me wonder whether Marcos Lorenzo and Fernando Martinez would succeed when they opened their Cuban restaurant, Havana Rumba, in St. Matthews in 2004.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- What to Do in Louisville: Autumn Hit List 2015
- Five Donuts You Should Eat in Louisville Right Now
- SuperChefs is Louisville's Newest Hero
- St. James, Louder Than Life and IdeaFest: Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (Oct. 1-4)
- Lee’s Korean Restaurant Made Over
- What to Do in Louisville: Top Ten Fall Festivals
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- CRAFT 2015 Brings Brews and Pizza Together For Cystic Fibrosis
- A Home? Run! High Demand in Louisville's Housing Market
- Louisville Gallery Transforms to 1965 Manhattan for Warhol event