I traveled to Cuba in 1998 and, at the tables of several families there, tasted food I still savor: pork marinated in fresh orange juice, cumin and garlic; a simple breakfast of crispy Cuban bread and newly laid eggs purloined from hens cooped outside kitchen windows. Those memories made me wonder whether Marcos Lorenzo and Fernando Martinez would succeed when they opened their Cuban restaurant, Havana Rumba, in St. Matthews in 2004.
Most Read Stories
- Underrated Louisville: Bunz
- Your 2016 Guide to Louisville's Sunday Brunch Buffets
- The Hub Louisville is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Mercato Italiano Trattoria and Market is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Ten Things to Do This Winter in Louisville
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (January 28-31)
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Studio Sessions: Nellie Pearl's Live/Die + True, Fiction (Exclusive!)
- 25 Special Dinners for Your Louisville Valentine
- Kentucky's Real 'X-Files'