Frankfort Kentucky is known for horse racing in Keeneland and the State Capital building. It is also known for beautiful rolling hills and valleys. This weekend and the next few months, "The Makings of a Master: Kentucky Folk Art Apprenticeships" will explore the relationship between the apprentice and the master as the Kentucky Historical Society brings FolkLife to you through art, music, dance, basket weaving and more.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (July 23 - 26)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Ariana Grande Honeymoons in Louisville
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- Louis-Villainz Market for Mischief Is for Night Owls
- The Best Way to Taste Downtown Louisville