What on Earth could have transformed Mitch McConnell from a baron of subdivision drainage and park maintenance 30 years ago into the bare-knuckled power-wielder for the nation’s elites? Louisvillian George Morrison recalls an encounter that may have shaped McConnell into the man -- and politician -- we know today.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Concert Review: Jeff Beck
- Forty Years Ago the Kentucky Colonels Reigned Supreme
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (May 14-17)
- Where to Go and What to Do Memorial Day 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (May 21 - 25)
- The Furry Friday Trolley Hop is Right Around the Corner
- Spend Your Summer at the Southside Quarry, Starting This Weekend
- Concert Review: Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- So much weekend, so much to do: Where to go this Memorial Day holiday