What on Earth could have transformed Mitch McConnell from a baron of subdivision drainage and park maintenance 30 years ago into the bare-knuckled power-wielder for the nation’s elites? Louisvillian George Morrison recalls an encounter that may have shaped McConnell into the man -- and politician -- we know today.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- Poorcastle Schedule Is Here
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)