The two dilapidated housing projects from the 1950s and a ramshackle apartment building came down in the ’90s, to be replaced with a mixed-income, New Urbanist community — an in-town Norton Commons — of more than 400 single-family homes and hundreds of townhouses and apartments on roughly 130 acres.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Riverview Park Independence Festival: Saturday, June 27
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu