The two dilapidated housing projects from the 1950s and a ramshackle apartment building came down in the ’90s, to be replaced with a mixed-income, New Urbanist community — an in-town Norton Commons — of more than 400 single-family homes and hundreds of townhouses and apartments on roughly 130 acres.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (July 23 - 26)
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Ariana Grande Honeymoons in Louisville
- (Sweaty) Humans of Forecastle Photo Gallery
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Best of Forecastle 2015
- Louis-Villainz Market for Mischief Is for Night Owls
- Leading Ladies of Louisville: Susan Barry