A so-called 'Super Moon' will take place Saturday night. This unusually large full moon will be the biggest in almost 20 years, according to NASA. "The last full moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1983," says Geoff Chester of the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington D.C. "I'd say it's worth a look."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Poorcastle Schedule Is Here
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)