A so-called 'Super Moon' will take place Saturday night. This unusually large full moon will be the biggest in almost 20 years, according to NASA. "The last full moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1983," says Geoff Chester of the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington D.C. "I'd say it's worth a look."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- The Craving
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- The Worlds Largest Annual Zombie Walk on Bardstown Road
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)