When the Paul family, Ron Paul and son Rand Paul, blame the Federal Reserve and its cheap money policy during the Bush years for creating the housing bubble and the resulting financial collapse, they are only telling a fraction of truth. The bigger problem was the loophole Phil Gramm wrote into the 2000 Federal Budget that made it possible for banks to lend at ratios that were guaranteed to end in disaster.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- What to Do in Louisville: Autumn Hit List 2015
- Five Donuts You Should Eat in Louisville Right Now
- SuperChefs is Louisville's Newest Hero
- St. James, Louder Than Life and IdeaFest: Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (Oct. 1-4)
- Lee’s Korean Restaurant Made Over
- What to Do in Louisville: Top Ten Fall Festivals
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- CRAFT 2015 Brings Brews and Pizza Together For Cystic Fibrosis
- A Home? Run! High Demand in Louisville's Housing Market
- Louisville Gallery Transforms to 1965 Manhattan for Warhol event