Day three of Occupy Louisville began with some 30 citizens waking up on The Belvedere after having spent the night outside to keep the "occupation" continuous. There are no actual demands yet, but the leaderless group has managed to develop a process for self-governance, gotten donations of food, water, and other necessities, and set up a website. In other words... they are well on their way to their goal of creating a protest that, like others in New York, Boston, and nearly every large city in the country, will continue on "until their one demand is met"... whatever that one demand ultimately turns out to be.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Bourbon Boot Camp
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- The Louisville Palace Summer Film Series presents Film Noir
- Riverview Park Independence Festival: Saturday, June 27
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Changes Coming to 4th Street Live