Because every state establishes its own rules for racing, including veterinary care, the Breeders’ Cup has to announce and enforce its strict veterinary standards wherever the meet is held, demanding a fully equipped trauma center as well as two state-of-the-art equine ambulances.
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (May 20-22)
- Best of Louisville 2016 Finalists Announced
- Noosh Nosh is Open: Here's What to Order
- Louisville's Ultimate Guide to Celebrating National Pizza Party Day
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Watch Nick Dittmeier & The Sawdusters Perform 'Just My Job'
- New Life (and Old) in Germantown
- This Week, In Louisville, On Craigslist: May 16-20
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- So much weekend, so much to do: Where to go this Memorial Day holiday