"The legislature's mandate that parents and legal guardians have the right to choose the school nearest their home for their children to attend is not without reason nor fortuitous. The benefit of children attending neighborhood schools is obvious. Busing creates the impediment of distance among parent, child, and school and, therefore, increases the difficulty of family involvement."
Most Read Stories
- Underrated Louisville: Bunz
- The Hub Louisville is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Your 2016 Guide to Louisville's Sunday Brunch Buffets
- Mercato Italiano Trattoria and Market is Open: Here’s What to Order
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Where to Wine and Dine Your Louisville Valentine
- Kentucky's Real 'X-Files'
- Myself At Last: A Conversation With Graham Nash
- One-Day Roadtrip: Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- 25 Special Dinners for Your Louisville Valentine