The heads of Back Door regulars are painted on the wall opposite the bar, and it sort of looks like the Sgt. Pepper’s album cover. Up in the painted clouds, four women are depicted in halos and wings, and when you ask the bartender if those are patrons who’ve passed away, she laughs and says, “Everybody asks that. They just like to drink Rosangel tequila.”
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Where to Go and What to Do Labor Day Weekend 2015 in Louisville
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- The Underground Station in Downtown New Albany to Host Courtyard Cookout