"The Internet, as we know it, has had a profound impact on job creation, the global economy and prosperity. It has accelerated wealth creation and facilitated a more connected world. But the Internet's development is based on the free flow of information, innovation, and ideas, not central government control."
Some view SOPA as a tool to protect copyrights. Others view it as unnecessarily intrusive censorship. Today the latter group has staged an online protest.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (July 23 - 26)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Ariana Grande Honeymoons in Louisville
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- Louis-Villainz Market for Mischief Is for Night Owls
- The Best Way to Taste Downtown Louisville