As the parents of active eight-year-old triplet boys, my wife and I tend to get a little nervous about school field trips. Case in point: Their elementary’s recent outing to Squire Boone Caverns near Corydon, Indiana. I have tremendous confidence in the teachers and staff at our school, and yet, it’s just so easy to imagine the phone call. The teacher’s anxious voice. The attempt at being honest, yet reassuring. The name of one of my children, followed by the phrases “separated from the group,” and “somewhere in the cave.”
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Poorcastle Schedule Is Here
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)