"I think my biggest, most crushing defeat was in the beginning of my racing and gambling life when Sunday Silence defeated Easy Goer again in the Breeders' Cup Classic," says racing writer and handicapper John Scheinman, recalling the Classic of 1989 at Gulfstream Park, in which Sunday Silence beat rival Easy Goer in the fourth, and final, match-up of an epic rivalry that kept racing fans transfixed throughout the 1989 season.
Most Read Stories
- Derbylicious Piecaken! [Food & Dining]
- The St. Matthews Mall's Black Friday Fist Fight: Why, Louisville?
- What To Drink When You Can't Drink Pappy
- Where to Take Your Out-Of-Town Relatives During Their Holiday Visit
- Dining Out for Thanksgiving 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Shop on Small Business Saturday in Louisville
- Vote in Louisville Magazine's City Poll
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville Thanksgiving Weekend (November 26-29)
- Southern Indiana Fried Chicken: Gospel Bird Coming to New Albany
- How Nashville Hot Chicken Became A Louisville Favorite