"I think my biggest, most crushing defeat was in the beginning of my racing and gambling life when Sunday Silence defeated Easy Goer again in the Breeders' Cup Classic," says racing writer and handicapper John Scheinman, recalling the Classic of 1989 at Gulfstream Park, in which Sunday Silence beat rival Easy Goer in the fourth, and final, match-up of an epic rivalry that kept racing fans transfixed throughout the 1989 season.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (July 23 - 26)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Ariana Grande Honeymoons in Louisville
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- Louis-Villainz Market for Mischief Is for Night Owls
- The Best Way to Taste Downtown Louisville