Studio...it is normally considered an artist's workroom, an establishment, building, or group of buildings or a company that teaches any arts, music or dance. The word Studio is derived from the Latin: studium, meaning to study or zeal.Joe Autry's studio Open Air steps aside of the normal studio meaning and is exactly what the name makes you think of, in the open air. However, the definition that matches Joe, and the other artist making up Open Air Sculpture Studio perfectly, is having definitely studied with zeal. Their hard work and love for their craft shows in their art.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Where to Go and What to Do Fourth of July Weekend in Louisville (July 2 - 5)
- America. The Diner. Seeks a New World
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Poorcastle Schedule Is Here
- Louisvillians and Marriage Equality
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Return of the Waterfront's July Fourth Festivities: A Look at its Sponsors