Monday morning, on my way to protest John Boehner, Hell suddenly broke loose all around me. I was momentarily surrounded by blaring sirens, arrays of red and blue strobe lights the like of which could have sent every epileptic in the Ohio River Valley into seizures, and a line of long, black, bullet proof SUV's. The guest of honor of our protest, Speaker of the House John Boehner, had arrived.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- America. The Diner. Is Opening Soon – And Will Replace Eggs Over Baxter
- Johnny Hickman Talks 25 Years of Cracker
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (July 30 – August 2)
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- Dr. Dundiff Explains His Forecastle Collaboration With Jim James
- Never Too Young to Make a Difference: Presentation Academy and WaterStep Head To Costa Rica
- My Morning Jacket by My Morning Jacket: Jim James [Music]
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Freaks and Geeks Unite at Slugger Field This Weekend