In the days before the Civil War ended in 1865, a main track of the Underground Railroad ran through Louisville, where a substantial community of slaves who had won their freedom, along with sympathetic whites, helped Southern fugitives find Northern freedom.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- The Craving
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- The Worlds Largest Annual Zombie Walk on Bardstown Road
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)